Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January Lets Rock & Roll

New Year's came way to fast! To celebrate we stayed at home and enjoyed family time... Then headed to bed about 10:30, For some reason we were exhausted. I'm excited for the new year but also scared at the same time because January seems to be my busiest month!! Today a few of my items will be displayed in a local antique store!!! The best rated antique store is the high desert!!! I'm so excited, it feels like a dream to me because during 2013 I prayed and prayed and prayed the LORD would open up the door and He did!! What an amazing God we have!! In His time all things are possible, just remember to surrender all things and pray!

Now to give you a glimpse of the stressful month I have ahead of me....
-I have to finish and mail out a crochet infinity fringe mustard double layer with 4 pieces of trim hand sewn together.
-I need to pick a date between the 4-11 to spend time with a sweet friend that will be in town!
-I also have a new blog design happening January 9th.
-I am throwing my sister and brother in law's baby shower January 11, they are expecting their first and it's a boy!
-My MIL's birthday is the 16th as well as our good friends son. It will be his first birthday!!
-My husband's birthday is January 18 and that's the day our friends are throwing their son a birthday party.
-Creative Tea Time 2 swag has to have been in the mail and delivered by the 20th.....And I'm doing swag for both days plus a giveaway item!!! Side note: GET TO WORK MISSY!!!!
-Creative Tea Time Two is the 25th, hoping to get some much needed rest, refreshment and encouragement from lovely ladies!
- I need to finish a new piece I have been working on for the shop!
-Don't forget my everyday life as a child of God, wife, mommy..... You get it! I am pretty busy! (I know I'm forgetting a few things!)

I love the business but have turned into a horrible stresser. I have been breaking out, making unhealthy decisions(Like drinking coffee all day instead of water.), irritable, and worn down... But a friend of mine has changed her diet and her sleep routine and feels much better. So instead of going to bed between 12-2 a.m. I have been making my bed time between 10-11 p.m., 12 a.m. at thee latest. I have also been attempting to wake up before everyone in the house at a shocking 7 a.m. to get work down and ENJOY my coffee. It's a hard change because I love being up at night, mornings are always hard for me!! I feel good about the changes and hope they will help me be more productive throughout the day.

Also a little side note: I asked my hubby to pick out a verse that would best suit us and help us be more dependent on the LORD for 2014. He said we both worry about things to much and need to trust in the LORD when it comes to our troubles, he then looked though a few verse and decided on Philippians 4: 6-7  Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. He also read this neat saying which will make a great reminder for us when we start to worry... "Worry replaced by prayer equals trust!!"

What are your plans for January? 

What would you change in your schedule to be healthier or more productive?

What's your verse of the year to look onto when discouraged or in need of encouragement?

2 comments:

  1. You can do it girl! And that is so cute! I love that he picked out that verse for you guys! Such a great verse to memorize and think of whenever the times get stressful or busy!

    ReplyDelete

"She opens her mouth with wisdom and on her tongue is the law of kindness." Proverbs 31:26

I would love to hear your kind words, so please leave a comment.