Thursday, June 19, 2014

Blessings and struggles that have kept me off the blog and out of the craft room

The news you've all been waiting for... We're PREGNANT!!!

What a blessing it was when we find out.  We actually weren't expecting it to happen so soon. Laila took approximately 5 months and this little baby took less than a month. My cycles at the time were only 18 days apart, instead of the normal 21 days. We were going to wait to take a test(I made the mistake with Laila getting so excited every time it came close to my cycles that I would get test crazy, then become disappointed with the negative response to find I would start my cycle directly after taking the test. What a waste, right.) but we were already at Walmart and my boobs had been killing me(That was the signature sign with Laila that I was pregnant.). Once we got home Chad insisted I take the test, I didn't even get a chance to lay the test on the counter before he said "Your Pregnant!" I said "No, I'm not." He keep saying "Ya, ya you are! That didn't take long!" I got up and looked for myself and was just as surprised as Chad was on how quickly we got pregnant.

Pregnancy is such a blessing and I'm so thankful the Lord has chose us to be parents of another beautiful gift from him. Although pregnancy is a beautiful experience, it is difficult.  I struggled with morning sickness my whole pregnancy with Laila and was on Zofran twice a day to help make it possible for me to keep food and water down. This pregnancy I struggle with morning sickness and am taking Zofran to help. I am grateful that this pregnancy isn't as hard as Laila's. I get sick in the morning, take my pill, take it easy and slowly eat a granola bar. Once I start feeling better its a good day, until right before bed the nausea sets in again.

Running after a toddler definitely makes for an over exhausted mama that wants to turn in for the night at 7:30-8. Which is sad because I use to stay up until 2 a.m. or at least the days I turn in early I'm able to get up at 5 a.m. to blog, craft or clean. Seems like no matter how much I sleep I still lay around the house to tired to do ANYTHING! This pregnancy is easier in some ways and in others a little more difficult. To be honest I completely forgot about the morning sickness, exhaustion, and not to mention I didn't take into count how much harder it would be to chase a toddler pregnant.

I have been waiting to post about the pregnancy until after my first trimester and first ultrasound. Yesterday we got up and got ready for our ultrasound appt. I am being seen by the Midwifes again for this pregnancy, I just loved how caring they were during my pregnancy with Laila. So the midwifes made my appt for the ultrasound for me. Chad, Laila and I waited to be called back. Once they called us back we all got up to go in and the lady said "no children are aloud." I said "really?" (We were the only people in the whole office.) They made Chad sit in the waiting room with Laila while I went back. I asked the lady "Even if he holds her he can't stand in the room?" she replied right away with a "No." I sat on the bed and the ultrasound tech came in "How are you?" I replied "I could be better!" She added in "I'm sorry, we've had kids damage the offices in the past." I told her "I understand, but I had no idea I could have got a sitter. I made him call off work just to be here." and that's when the tears started. Writing this I'm still upset and holding back tears. I mean I could understand if I came in with a bunch of kids, my sister, my aunt, my cousins and the whole family but I came in with my husband and daughter that's 2 years old and easy to hold.

Anyways we got a few photo's and are excited to come back in 5 weeks (Laila with a sitter.) to find out the baby's gender.

Baby waving Hi or about to suck it's thumb..


I had to ask the ultrasound tech.. There's only one in there right? She assured me there was only one baby and I laughed because there were so many jokes about twins. 

I'm not sure what the baby was doing in this photo, probably stretching.



How did you work through morning sickness and exhaustion during your pregnancies? 


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!! Congrats!!! Cant wait to find out what y'all are having! Congratulations! Another little blessing from God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Were really excited and feel so blessed :))

      Delete
  2. Congratulations dearest cousin. You are very blessed and I couldn't be happier for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love!! Were are super excited, love you too. :))

      Delete

"She opens her mouth with wisdom and on her tongue is the law of kindness." Proverbs 31:26

I would love to hear your kind words, so please leave a comment.